Thursday 7 October 2010

Attention! North Yorkshire goes to war.


Khaki appears to be the order of the day or even the weekend, 15 to 17 October 2010. Katie and I have been practicing our marching; left, right, wag, left, right, wag. Meg has promoted herself to General and insists on inspecting her troops between naps!

We are planning a recce into Pickering where there will be parades and numerous war time events in connection with the extremely popular North Yorkshire Moors Railway, "Railway at War".

At Pickering Castle (English Heritage) we plan on watching the soldiers of the East Yorkshire Regiment as they drill, plan and prepare for battle. Maybe I can offer them advice on digging trenches, I have been practicing in the vegetable patch here at Flamborough Rigg Cottage B&B. I am sure they will be more appreciative of my skills than Caroline was……..